Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bidders, Getting to Know You (Slowly)

I received a friendly phone call this morning from John Difazio, still the only bidder of seven to reply to any of my calls or emails. He told me that he'd like to answer my questions but that another fellow at DoT (who will go unnamed unless he proves important to my reporting) told him all press releases must go through the NY dept of transportation during the preaward period. "I don't want to speak out of turn," he said.



This may very well be true. I'm still verifying. But I'm 2 weeks into reporting and I still don't have any of my basic questions answered from any of the seven firms. I'm going to see if DoT can help me by emailing the questions to the companies. These firms don't have the same PR systems as GE. If someone asks them a few questions and they don't feel like answering, they don't. With the job set to be awarded in 3 weeks, I don't have much time, but we'll see what I can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment